Wednesday, February 25, 2009

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 2/25/2009, Part 2

News & Notes from Tuesday, February 24th, 2009

-I spent Tuesday morning at the Hope Resource Center. My 9 AM appointment turned out to be a girl. Actually, she was always female, she just has an androgynous name, and I had been misinformed. Thankfully, my 10 AM arrived early and went well. I took this photo of the carpet in the facility’s main room as I saw a man with a goatee wearing an ornamented hat in the floral design. Does anyone else see it?

-At 4 PM, I met MLM at IHOP. It was National Pancake Day. This event combines two of my favorite concepts, free and pancakes. All patrons are entitled to three free pancakes. Donations are accepted for the Children’s Miracle Network. We arrived just before a throng of high school students did but even with good timing, the restaurant was already out of clean cups. No, we did not drink from dirty glasses. The waitress provided to-go cups.

-It was good to see MLM. We met in part so I could get the curriculum to teach the college department on March 8th. I will be teaching on Isaiah 5. Please keep that lesson in your prayers.

-On Wednesday night, I made a quick visit to MoFoS to see JTH. When I arrived, JTH and JDK were rearranging the clearance aisle for the umpteenth time. At times, working at MoFoS is like moving a pile of dirt in the military from one side of the camp to the other and back for no apparent reason.

-MoFoS has diversified. They are now selling “collectible cars”. For $9.99 (+ tax) the buyer receives the car of her choice and a copy of RedLine on DVD. It seems one of JBT’s friends is in need of money and this was the solution the two derived.

-I left MoFoS relatively quickly for two reasons: 1. To hear Barack Obama’s Presidential Address and 2. because the most indecisive man on the planet (LFS) returned to the store and I did not wish to review every film in the store for him. See this February 6th “In Eckleburg’s Eyes” post for an explanation.

No comments: