Wednesday, February 25, 2009

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 2/25/2009, Part 1

News & Notes from Monday, February 23rd, 2009

-I spent Monday night with KLTW, KJW, and RAW. When I arrived RAW was working on well, work, and KLTW was completing a take home test online. This meant that I was responsible for KJW. I was not disappointed. (Note: This is not KJW sleeping. She is only pretending to sleep. This pose lasted less than five seconds before she began laughing.)

-KJW was well behaved for the most part but did pitch a couple of fits. It seems her aunt, PWC, kept her during the day and did not have the child take a nap as she was being good. Unfortunately, when she returned said child, she was not well rested. I think there is a lesson in there somewhere about short term gains and long term benefits...

-At her request, KJW and I played in her castle. As she was playing with yellow and blue (plastic toy) knives, I asked her what color the two would make if combined as she has a video that covers this material. (I cannot resist a teachable moment.) She then asked, “What do yellow and pink make?” Anyone?

-At one point, I snuck KJW’s beloved Frannie Bear from her. After telling me, “Swiper, no swiping!"” (a Dora the Explorer
reference) she explained, “I need that for the parade.” I then asked where the parade was. She responded, “It’s in here (in the castle) .” I had not even noticed that the parade was going on as we spoke. I think that is how the Kingdom of God works.

-After finishing her test, KLTW prepared KJW’s lunch for preschool the next day, she asked herself, “Where is the apple cutter?” (It is not that uncommon for KLTW to talk to herself.) KJW responded, “Apple? Did somebody say apple?”

-It was a good night with The Buddy.

No comments: