Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 2/18/2009, Part 3

News & Notes from Tuesday, February 17th, 2009, Part 2

-On Tuesday night, I ate with KLTW and KJW at Mangia Pizza & More. I tried the pepperoni stromboli and it was awesome.

-When we pulled into the restaurant’s parking lot, KJW informed, “I want to sit by you.” KLTW told her that she had planned to seat her at the table next to us. KJW objected and KLTW told her she could only sit at our table if she promised there would be no shenanigans. KJW agreed.

-As I got KJW out of her car seat I instructed her that we would need to work fast as it was raining. She advised me: “Maybe you should use my umbrella.” We did. I am fairly sure she just wanted to play with the Dora the Explorer item.

-KJW had spent the day at preschool where she participated in a Valentine’s day party. She enjoyed it but there was an incident. KLTW had her tell me the story by asking, “What did mommy put on you?” KJW immediately responded, “A tiger...but I don’t want it!” It seems one of the boys in her class gave her a Valentine that included a small tiger tattoo. KLTW placed it on KJW’s arm and she freaked out. Somewhere, KJW’s grandmother was very proud.

-As we left we selected a pizza for RAW and then picked him up from work at Best Buy. KJW said that she wanted to eat the pizza too. KLTW asked her if she thought her daddy would share with her. She said yes because it was the nice thing to do. I do not think anyone could have denied her request at that moment.

-Finally, in some sad news, one of KJW’s fish, Dwight, has gone “to see Jesus.” Only one of KJW’s original three fish is still living. KLTW believes that Dwight’s death was due to a filter that is designed to be changed every four to six weeks not having been changed in the half-year they owned the fish. This was not intentional. The tank has two filters and one lasts significantly longer than the first. KLTW thinks the fish were oxygen deprived as the surviving fish, Tang, appears to be brain damaged, running into the walls of the aquarium. Please do not report my friends to the ASPCA.

No comments: