Wednesday, February 11, 2009

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 2/11/2009, Part 1

News & Notes from Monday, February 9th, 2009, Part 1

-On Monday morning, I met CBP at 8 am at the Panera Bread on North Peters Road. We prepared for my lecture on the apostle Paul at Carson-Newman College on March 10th (keep that one in your prayers) and had an enlightening discussion. One of the most important things I learned is that there are actually places open at 8 am and people who go there at that time. Hopefully, I will not join their ranks again any time soon.

-After meeting with CBP, I packed my bags (far more than I needed to for a two-day trip) and headed to Kennesaw, Georgia, to spend the night with my seminary colleague BKW. BKW is like a brother and far closer than the term colleague implies but I have always wanted to have colleagues.

-As usual, I broke up the trip at McKay’s in Chattanooga. Since my last visit, they have placed an employee at the door wearing a golf shirt that reads “McKay’s Loss Prevention”. (Sorry about the picture quality. I assure you, he did have a head).

-While at McKay’s I bought Michael Ian Black comedy CD “I am a Wonderful Man” to listen to on the second leg of the trip. I loved his commentary on I Love the 80's but I was honestly disappointed by the CD. One thing of note: He is married.

-While en route, BKW’s friend Stephen Fredericks (DSF) called me and we talked for 34 minutes. We discussed inner healing as he is the director King of David Healing Ministries. That is a long time to talk to someone you don’t know, especially about the intimate details of your life. SDF's book, Loosing the Key of David, was released on January 29th and was just picked up by Amazon.com.

-When I arrived in Kennesaw, I frequented their Goodwill. It was the most upscale Goodwill I have ever been too. (It is Cobb County.) Even the movies that had were art house films! In my continuing survey of Goodwills, paperback books sell for $1.50 and hardbacks for $2.50 in Georgia. That is exorbitant.

No comments: