Friday, January 30, 2009

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 1/30/2009, Part 2

News & Notes from Thursday, January 29th, 2009

-I spent Thursday night with KLTW and RAW. As has become her custom, KJW spent the night with her aunt PWC. (This means that unfortunately there will be no KJW photos in this post.)

-KLTW, RAW and I used the time to commiserate. They did not get the car loan that they had so hoped for earlier in the day. (See the January 28th Prayer Blog. KLTW is being treated horribly at the hospital she now works at. My church has shown great interest in my ideas but has none whatsoever in hiring me under the “new” regime. (A Prayer Blog will be forthcoming over the weekend.) We decided to order pizza, watch a movie, and engage in some well needed escapism.

-We ordered pizza from Pizza Hut. I am fairly certain that the list of items Pizza Hut was out of on this night exceeded what they had. They were not offering any pan pizzas or any type of food item that could be contorted into a stick. There were a lot of unhappy customers when I picked up the food.

-They were even low on their 25¢ toys from dispensers near the counter. (I always get KJW one.) She will have to settle for a pink die.

-On the plus side, Pizza Hut does have new red boxes that simply say “The Hut” on them.

-While eating we watched 3:10 to Yuma. RAW had long wished to see the movie and KLTW and I agreed as we both like Christian Bale (for very different reasons). It was not exactly the uplifting film we all needed on this night. The characters continually made choices that seemed illogical to us and in our minds the ending was far from happy.

-In spite of the limited food choices and the less than uplifting film, it was still a great night with friends.

No comments: