Monday, January 26, 2009

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 1/26/2009, Part 4

News & Notes from Sunday, January 25th, 2009

-I had a very light Sunday, though it began in a panic. I discovered that I had left my credit card at Applebees the night before. I called the restaurant and they had it. I met the store’s general manager Trina, who lived down to her reputation. Her attitude coupled with my extended wait removed any gratitude I might have had towards her.

-JTH came over in the afternoon after he dropped ALK off at Bearden United Methodist Church for her handbell practice. They were spending the day together as he had been gone so much. They had celebrated his brother CEH’s birthday at Lakeside Tavern and then attended a piano concert at my church. JTH enjoyed the concert but was hoping the pianist would play slower tunes. I am betting he was the only one with that response.

-After visiting with my parents, we picked up ALK. She was none to pleased at practicing 1½ hours with no break. We stopped by McKay’s as JTH wanted to see if they had any comedy CDs. Not counting Jeff Foxworthy (and we don’t), they did not.

-We then ate at Aubrey’s before they continued their date night by watching Step Up 2: The Streets on DVD. I can honestly I did not mind being excluded.

No comments: