Monday, January 26, 2009

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 1/26/2009, Part 3

News & Notes from Saturday, January 24th, 2009, Part 2

-On Saturday night, I visited KLTW, RAW, and KJW. I delivered their souvenirs from DC. (Note: KJW is wearing my shoes in this photo.)

-When I arrived KLTW was in the process of making RAW’s father ROW an Italian cream cake for his birthday the next day. RAW was preparing to cook chili for his father. KJW was eating. See photo.

-I missed a great deal while I was away. KJW’s hair was cut at Wal-Mart. Is there any service Wal-Mart does not offer? Her hair is now shorter and more manageable. Most importantly, it can still be put into pig tails.

-One of KJW’s three fish, Marbles, is now “with Jesus”. His soul was. His body was put into a Wal-Mart bag and into the trash. Since KJW is now working on potty training and the pipes are not stellar, KLTW worried that flushing the fish might result in a resurfacing of Marbles which would traumatize KJW.

-Speaking of KJW’s potty training, she had an accident while I visited. After getting poop on her father, he called for KLTW to help clean the child. KJW informed her mother, “My butt is dirty!”“ Indeed it was.

-KJW has learned to play Ring-Around-The-Rosie. She seemed unimpressed when I explained that song was about the Black Death.

-On Monday of last week, she began streaking. She comes by it honestly...

-After visiting with the Walkers, I stopped by MoFoS and hung out with JTH. We then had a relaxing meal at Applebees. Yes, I ate there twice in the same day. They were different locations as I ate in Bearden for lunch and Cedar Bluff for supper.

-Our server, AFH, had found $5 off coupons and gave them too us. We were very grateful. AFH was on the last day of her 21-day fast and had plans to eat at Aubrey’s the next day. We were very proud of her.

No comments: