Tuesday, December 2, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 12/2/2008

On Monday morning, I had an appointment scheduled at the Hope Resource Center. (Note: I was the counselor, not the client.) My appointment naturally no-showed. Yes, we have gotten to the point where I am getting stood up by men!

My presence was not for naught. The center had hardwood floors installed over the Thanksgiving break and needed help moving heavy items back to their original locations. Among the items I moved was an ultrasound machine. This device costs more than the rest of the building combined. I am just glad all of that seminary training paid off... Well, all of these years ministering with MLM did anyway.

As I walked around the refurnished clinic, I noticed a portrait in the hallway. I recognized the subject. It looked strangely like WES, an old friend from church. I inquired about the portrait and learned that his wife had drawn it and that his mother-in-law had donated it. The good news is that it is a really good likeness. Seeing as how its presence makes him somewhat of a poster child for STDs, the bad news is that it is a really good likeness.

On Monday night, I met EA, JTH, TK, TK’s best friend Justin, ALK, and JBT at Applebees. Applebees had been decorated for Christmas and looked especially festive. (Note: Earlier in the day, ALK changed her profile picture on Facebook to a photo I took of her on Sunday.)

Topics of conversation included but were not limited to how TK’s ability to get what he wants by excessively poking EA, how our waitress AFH's family asked if she was goth when she visited her home on Thanksgiving, how bra sizes mirror battery sizes, how EA is scary, and how the manager of the Halls branch of MoFoS requested a leave of absence. Yes, someone requested a leave of absence from the easiest job on the planet.

Oh and I inadvertently prompted JTH to try to carve a hole in the tabletop from its bottom with his knife...

In other Monday news, my meteoric rise continued at the Allergy, Asthma & Sinus Center. I was injected with the last shot from the green vials and will be upgraded to red on Wednesday. You may remember that it was just November 12th that I advanced to green from blue. (See this post for details.) I wonder what the next color will be...

This time I actually asked what this meant. I am eligible to go on maintenance, meaning one visit per week. I will continue the three-day-a-week schedule to speed up my resistance, but it is nice to have the option of reducing my visits. Are you proud of me?

No comments: