Thursday, November 13, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 11/13/2008, Part 2

On Wednesday night, I got to see the always fashionable KJW for the second day in a row. Oh, I also saw got to see her parents, KLTW and RAW as well.

I began my night by eating with JTH and TK at MoFoS. No, the store has not expanded its scope into providing meals (though if a traveling salesman suggested it, it would be a distinct possibility.). I brought a sandwich from Subway. It amazes how many meals I choose to eat in perhaps the most unsanitary business on planet. The visit was well worthwhile. In addition to picking up some DVDs and seeing the guys, I also got to see the legendary De La Rosa!

After eating, I headed to RAW’s where we played the 25th Anniversary version of Trivial Pursuit. I arrived to find KLTW studying, RAW playing a video game, and KJW coloring. In other words, I caught the family in their natural habitat.

I decided that I would use this time to tell KJW a Bible story. I selected the feeding of the multitude (the John 6:5-15 version) as one of the main characters is a child. Despite my riveting retelling and the fact that the story is kid friendly, KJW stopped me and shouted, “Stop teaching me!” I could not help but laugh. Since I was near the end of the pericope, I persisted and had her repeat “theology of abundance”. In deference to her being preoccupied, I did shorten my diatribe against the theology of scarcity.

After KLTW finished studying, we played the new version of Trivial Pursuit. We played in teams. KLTW and I faced off against KJW and RAW. KJW would not be denied entrance into the game despite our efforts to distract her with cartoons. I love that child like she were my own but I must confess part of me wanted to punt her during the game.

It was new game with old results. RAW won, six pieces of pie to three. Yes, I lost to a two-year old. (In this photo, KJW is trying on my hat and shoes for size.)

We had a good night. KLTW received great news earlier in the day. Her good friend MP was hired at Morristown-Hamblen hospital. She was elated not only because she is a good friend but also because his hiring means she will now receive every other weekend off.

In other Wednesday news, the Allergy, Asthma & Sinus Center informed me that my injections had graduated from blue vials of to green vials. I have absolutely no idea what that means but it sounded like improvement nevertheless.

No comments: