Wednesday, November 26, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 11/26/2008, Part 1

Tuesday was a day of meetings. I spent the majority of the day driving from one locale to another as I had appointments at the Hope Resource Center (HRC), my church, and UT.

My meeting at HRC was with Jodi Nakamura (JLCN). This meeting was quite short. There would be no appointments on this day as the facility was being re-carpeted. We conferred on my December availability. I was also asked to come in Monday at 9 am for an appointment. I document this so that there is a better chance that I will remember it.

My meeting at church was with TWC. As per GWS’s request, I submitted my proposed job description. TWC will then review it before we present it to LWF for further consideration. From that point, we would meet with the Administrative Staff should LWF deem the proposal worthy of further consideration. TWC informed me that both he and LWF would be out of town frequently during the holidays so to expect some delays. As Obi-Wan Kenobi says in each Star Wars film: “I’ve got a bad feeling about this”...

My final appointment was at 2 o'clock with RGB in his office in room 520 of the Bailey Education Complex. We discussed three topics: my standing in the program, my final paper, and his suggestions for educating adults in the church. I will be registered for two classes next semester. Tentatively I plan on taking Ethical Issues in Adult Education (EP 527 which meets on Tuesday nights from 5:05-7:35) and Adult Learning (EP 525, which meets on various weekends). Both classes are taught by RGB. I am considering subsituting the ethics course with Program Development and Operation in Adult Education (EP 521, Wednesday, 5:05-7:45), taught by MHZ. The latter would be of more immediate use and give me an opportunity to study under MHZ. I need to check the Tennessee basketball schedule and see which course conflicts less with there schedule. I am kidding. Sort of...

RGB also went over a book review I had submitted. Unfortunately, I could not especially remember having written it. This negated the positive effects of his feedback considerably.

No comments: