Monday, November 24, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 11/24/2008, Part 3

I spent Sunday with JTH. Unfortunately, the Lady Vols’ volleyball team was playing at Auburn meaning there was no volleyball game to attend. Still, JTH and I had an event to be at on Sunday: a baptism.

JTH arrived at my house in the early afternoon and we ate and did some Christmas shopping prior to attending the aforementioned baptism. We began at TJ Maxx. I had not been there since 2003. Once every five years seems about right to me. I will say that if you need a nutcracker, this is the place to shop. Then again, why would anyone need a nutcracker? Note: A woman has to be responsible for naming this item.

We then ate. Since O’Charley’s was in the same shopping center as TJ Maxx we decided to eat there. That was until we found out that there was a wait. So we drove around until I made the executive decision to eat at the O’Charley’s in Turkey Creek. Of course, by the time we arrived there we could have been seated at the first restaurant.

It worked out well. Our waitress was JAS, an old friend of JTH’s from Farragut High School and Kroger. I had not eaten at an O’Charley’s in some time and had the prime rib and a slice of caramel pie. Neither were as good as I remembered. They have done some cost cutting as evidenced by the triangular bowls our soups were served in.

With time left to kill we shopped at a nearby Wal-Mart. I have a complaint against both Wal-Mart and ABC Family. As seen in this photo, Wal-Mart stocks many of the network’s Christmas movies for the holiday season. Why have they not yet distributed Christmas in Boston? Am I the only one with mad props for Marla Sokoloff? I feel the need to reiterate the fact that I am a heterosexual at this point...

The most disturbing thing that occurred at Wal-Mart was that I found JTH reading a copy of Hip Hop Weekly. I am not certain what was more troubling: the publication’s existence or the fact that JTH was reading it.

After these stops (and not purchasing anything I might add), we picked up ALK and headed to my church to witness a rare Sunday baptismal service.

As an aside, on Sunday morning, I watched a portion of the History Channel’s presentation of The States. It was great. They even made Delaware seem interesting, a feat that not even in Wayne’s World could pull off.

1 comment:

MalikVlogs said...


great to visit your site and always had great content here keep posted top class and unaugmented material on your site people will definitely
enjoy this thanks again : https://www.fdcmovies.com/