Monday, November 24, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 11/24/2008, Part 2

As we always do, regardless of how futile the season has been, Dad and I watched Tennessee football game together on Saturday. On Saturday, the team played at Vanderbilt and for the first time since 1984, the Commodores were favored. Thankfully, Vanderbilt is still Vanderbilt and the Vols won 20-10. As you can tell from Dad’s response, the game was as exciting as always.

As has been the case virtually all season, an Eric Berry interception was the highlight of the game. I must also note that “cousin” Brent Vinson also had an interception. All of Tennessee’s points came in the first half and the Vols led 20-0 at the break.

Shortly after Berry’s interception, ALK, a diehard Vol fan, texted me. Here is a rare glimpse into my texting life:

ALK: Now why couldn’t we do this all season?
Chan: Well we can’t play Vanderbilt every game.
AlK: Yeah true.

The remainder of my Saturday was spent on projects less interesting than usual so I will not bore you with the details.

No comments: