Friday, February 8, 2008

Bible Trivia - 2/8/2008

Question: Who said, "Come see a man which told me all things that ever I did?"

Answer: The woman Jesus met at the well (John 4:29)

Comments: The woman Jesus encounters at Jacob's well in Sychar has an interesting testimony. Her witness is found in John 4:29 - "Come, see a man who told me all the things that I have done; this is not the Christ, is it?" (NASB)

She herself is uncertain as to who Jesus is. All she can speak to is her own experience with him. She acknowledges her uncertainty, only posing the possibility that he might be the Christ. In the following verse, her comments are taken to heart as many are drawn to Jesus by her question. One does not have to have all of the answers to tell someone about Jesus. In fact, the woman at the well makes me wonder whether or not an honest question is just as effective.

No comments: