Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Prayer Blog - 3/3/2009

Through the generosity of CBP, my resume will be sent to Rutledge Baptist Church (located at 211 Church Street in Rutledge, Tennessee). The church has a small congregation of less than forty. The job would pay very little but would include a parsonage with paid utilities. They seem to be open to a bivocational minister and the fact that I would be in school while I worked. Their last pastor recently left to take the same position at Cumberland Baptist Church in Knoxville. Retired Carson-Newman College professor Robert M Shurden is their interim pastor. Due to CBP's endorsement, Dr. Shurden has agreed to submit my resume to the search committee on Sunday. Please keep this church and my potential affiliation with it in your prayers.

No comments: