Wednesday, March 18, 2009

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 3/18/2009

News & Notes from Monday-Tuesday, March 16th-17th, 2009

-On Monday afternoon, I got to chauffeur my cousin HANJ to the Tennessee Valley Eye Center and McGhee Tyson Airport. I was pleased as I had not gotten to see her much on her brief visit from Abilene. (This is photo was taken on front of my cousin’s home. My home looks very similar this week with countless workers in the neighborhood.)

-We had some time to kill before her flight, so I stopped at the Applebees by the airport. I learned that for the foreseeable future she will be living in Abilene or Rapid City as these are the only two places in the country that house B-1 Bombers, which her husband flies.

-On Monday night, JTH and I ate at the Cracker Barrel. I ordered my usual meal there - Chicken n Dumplins with sides of dumplins and dumplins. This may be the most unhealthy combination imaginable but I love it. We had an unbelievably good waitress named Brianna. She works Sunday-Tuesday. We assured her we would be back. (Note: This is the OCD version of this game.)

-When we checked out, we were pleased to see our old friend BC behind the counter. If you know BC, I know what you are thinking. She correctly processed our bill.

-We then returned to my house where we watched the WWE’s presentation of RAW. It had been a long time since either of us had watched wrestling but I had heard rumors that the Von Erich family would be announced as inductees to the WWE Hall of Fame. The show was being filmed in Texas and it seemed natural that the announcement would be made there. It was not. There has been speculation that the weekend death of former WWE performer Andrew “Test” Martin contributed to the delayed announcement.

-Despite the absence of the Von Erichs, we enjoyed talking together. We also got to see an old school jobber match. The jobber in question was Dolph Ziggler (pictured). note: A jobber is a wrestler whose primary function is losing to better-known wrestlers.

-Most importantly, on Monday I had my first interview with Rutledge Baptist Church. See this Prayer Blog post for details.

No comments: