Sunday, February 1, 2009

Prayer Blog - 2/1/2009

After much soul searching and conversing with my heavenly and earthly fathers, today I decided to continue in negotiations with RWB and the Central Baptist Church of Bearden (CBCB). RWB has expressed interests in my ideas but none whatsoever in me. Frankly, the two are so conjoined that they are inseparable. There is no one else with the time or ability to implement my concepts.

In my prayers, I have been continually referred to the story of Rehoboam and his advisors (I Kings 12). Rehoboam took the advice of his contemporaries over the elder advisors that had served his father, Solomon, well. This proved foolish. In deference to this Scripture, my father advised me to follow the system to its conclusion, which appears to be another inevitable rejection. Frankly, I feel like Kevin Bacon’s character in Animal House while being spanked as part of the Omega fraternity’s initiation: “Thank you, sir! May I have another?”

I will also be pursuing other avenues of employment. I have a clear cut vision for a faith formation program. I will not waste the vision as it is a commodity that I am realizing is rarer than it should be. My vision is best suited for CBCB and I have a love for the people of that church, but will attempt to adapt the vision to another environment if necessary. Please keep this process in your prayers. I cannot convey how much implementing this vision (which I feel is from God) means to me.

No comments: