Monday, February 23, 2009

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 2/23/2009, Part 1

News & Notes from Friday, February 20th, 2009

-On Friday, I was forced to get a new phone from Verizon. The port on my LG VX8350 was defective. Since I could no longer charge the phone (which is slightly problematic), I replaced it with the LG VX8360. My salesperson, LAH, informed me that so many customers have had the same problem as I have that the port is no longer covered under warranty. The new phone comes with a newly designed port.

-The new phone also meant that I lost all of my photos of KJW on my phone as well as my ring tones. I guess I am just going to have to take countless photos of the toddler to replace the old ones. Yes, I realize I would have done that anyway.

- I did start downloading some new ring tones from Phonezoo. (It is a free site). My mother’s ring tone is “Funeral March”. She was not nearly as amused by this as my father and I were.

-On Friday night, JTH and I ate at Mangia Pizza & More. This guy sat in the booth behind us and coughed vigorously for a half an hour straight. I was torn between haranguing him for exposing myself and the other patrons to his germs and pitying him as I sincerely wondered whether his lung would materialize in his booth. (Note: I apologize for the picture quality. This was the first photo taken with the new phone and I had yet to figure out how to zoom in.)

No comments: