Friday, February 20, 2009

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 2/20/2009, Part 2

News & Notes from Thursday, February 19th, 2009

-On Thursday night, I attended Bible Study at Fellowship Evangelical Free Church. The class I attended is entitled “I Corinthians: The Christian’s Guide for Living in a Hostile World” and meets from 7 PM-8:15 PM in the Fellowship Prayer Chapel. On this night, Dr. Kevin Huggins taught on I Corinthians 4. I highly recommend this group.

-After briefly visiting JTH at MoFoS I picked up soup at Panera Bread for KLTW, RAW, and myself. They had requested I bring the warm soup as they were having a bonfire outside.

-After getting the food, I joined the Walkers and MPW in RAW’s backyard for the fire. KJW was having her usual Thursday night slumber party at her aunt PWC’s home. I love the child but prefer bonfires without her as the combination of KJW and fire makes me nervous. Case in point: KLTW, a grown up, actually melted some of her shoe by sticking it too close to the fire.

-Having not known of this plan when I left the house, KLTW provided me with a jacket and toboggan to wear. KLTW wore the Barack Obama beanie I picked her up in DC. The coolest item used on this day was a cup that lit up in different colors. One of RAW’s customers at Best Buy had done promotional work for Ziggy Marley and gave it to him.

-I enjoyed the hours I spent talking to my friends but to be honest, I have never understood the draw of sitting outside in the freezing cold to do so. That’s why God invented heating units.

-Finally, Thursday was my high school friend CAR’s birthday. I never forget you, Courtney!