Monday, January 26, 2009

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 1/26/2009, Part 1

News & Notes from Friday, January 23rd, 2009

-I spent Friday night with my father whom I had not seen in some time.

-I dropped by MoFoS to pick up The Express on DVD for Dad and I to watch. I was there for just a few moments, but in that time I saw the store’s new layout (including new counter), visited with EA, NHH, JTH, TJK, and got cussed out by De La Rosa. Evidently, he is getting tired of being called De La Rosa. Fear not, I will not stop. At the moment, I am the person he hates most associated with the store. This is a place of honor and rotates randomly. If, however, I wind up dead, put him among the long list of suspects.

-Dad and I watched The Express. It is the story of Syracuse running back Ernie Davis, who in 1961 became the first African-American to win the Heisman Trophy. Not coincidentally it was released on DVD on January 20th, the date the first African-American president took office. Dad and I both enjoyed the film and the story.

No comments: