Friday, January 2, 2009

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 1/2/2009

On Thursday night, I finally celebrated Christmas with KL and MPW. Sadly, I still have many gifts left to deliver.

While I awaited KL and MPW to return from his mother’s house, I visited JTH and TJK at MoFoS as the store is close to MPW’s condo. They were hard at work when I arrived. By hard at work I mean that they were playing Guitar Hero. It is a tough job but somebody has to do it.

After my brief visit with the MoFoS Crew, I headed to MPW’s condo where KL, MPW, and I watched football and exchanged Christmas gifts. I was surprised to see Phillip Fulmer as a guest analyst on ESPN. He held his own but I was really hoping he would be more argumentative with Lou Holtz. Fulmer wore a blue tie with his suit. I make note of this because it may be the only time I have ever seen the man without any orange in his ensemble.

MPW and KL seemed to appreciate their gifts. I must note that members of the Walker family are the best gift receivers ever. They can make any gift you give them seem like it was the best possible selection you could have made.

MPW and KL were far too generous with me. My favorite thing that they gave me was the Timechart of Biblical History. It is a massive fold out book. It also incorporates an inside joke as JTH has been working on a timeline of the genealogies of Genesis since my epic study of Abraham. That was completed in 2005.

We spent the majority of the night playing KL’s gift, the second edition of the board game Battle of the Sexes. The game makes contestants answer questions stereotypical of the opposite gender. I won by an embarrassing margin. Embarrassing to me, not to them. How do I know so much girlie information? Maybe my friends are right, I am indeed a 55-year old woman.

I must note that MPW knew the name of the popular Celine Dion song from Titanic (“My Heart Will Go On”). While I realize this is common knowledge, I was amazed that MPW admitted he knew it.

It was a great night. On the next game night we plan on playing Cranium.

No comments: