Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Prayer Blog - 12/9/2008

This morning I met with GWS
regarding my future employment at my church. In response to TWC’s resignation on Monday, the personnel committee has essentially instituted a hiring freeze until a new senior pastor is hired. Our present pastor, LWF, is slated to retire next December. It will take quite awhile to hire a replacement.

After praying and discussing the matter with my father, I have decided to continue pursuing the position. We both agree that a three-year hiring freeze with several pastors scheduled to retire is an unwise decision. Further, I have been given a strong vision for the educational system at the church. In short, the worst thing they can do is say no. More details will be posted in tomorrow’s edition of “In Eckleburg’s Eyes”.

Please keep this situation in your prayers.

No comments: