Monday, December 22, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 12/22/2008, Part 3

I do my holiday shopping early in part so that I do not have to endure the holiday traffic. On Sunday, I did just that. Although I do my holiday shopping early, JTH does not.

JTH and I set out with a checklist so long that it would stress Santa Claus. Of course, we first set out for Wal-Mart where we could get the most tasks done at one time. While there, I had an item to return. I have a theory regarding customer service at Wal-Mart. They post the slowest people imaginable in that department to reduce the number of returns. Given the long lines there, one has to ask - is it really worth it?

I have a question regarding price matching. Could we take a photo with my camera phone at Wal-Mart and get Best Buy to match the price? Is that enough proof?

We then went across Clinton highway to Kroger to procure the ingredients JTH needed to make “Puppy Chow” for ten friends. This is a sweet made from Kellogg’s Crispix. We were pressed for time, so I drove JTH back to my house where he cooked the Puppy Chow while I ran other errands for him.

I made stops at Food City (pictured), Champs Sports in West Town Mall (where an employee named “Da Kid” checked me out), Target, and McKay’s. To shop at the mall on the weekend before Christmas, one has to be a masochist or stupid. I qualify for at least one of these two titles.

In my travels, I did bump into JLTB at Target and ROW at McKay’s (he was buying all of his Christmas gifts there). JLTB noted that I must really love JTH to brave the traffic for him. Agreed.

I then returned to my house where JTH and ALK awaited. I felt like Cosby entering after braving the weather in the Thanksgiving episode of The Cosby Show ("Cliff's Wet Adventure"). (Did anyone get that reference?) They had completed the batch of puppy chow needed for that night and saved the rest for later.

We then headed to Mt. Herman Methodist Church to watch a Christmas play.

No comments: