Friday, December 19, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 12/19/2008

I had a great Thursday spent with family and friends.

On Thursday morning, I went with DLNV to Walgreens. We were there shopping for the Community Tectonics’ Christmas party which was held later in the day. We were to procure two white elephant gifts. I was taken as I was deemed an expert on all things tacky. Thanks.

More importantly, we bought mom a holiday headband to wear to the event. I took photos and showed them to her so she could pick which one she liked best. These were our options: a Santa hat, a snowman, and reindeer ears:

Which would you have selected? All of them had pieces which lit up. We went with the last option as it was the most visible. Gaging from the response at the party, we chose well.

I then spent much of the morning at Fellowship Evangelical Free Church catching up with my seminary friend JCN. It had been too long since we conversed and I thoroughly enjoyed it though I took up too much of his time. His wife is expecting their second child, a baby girl due in May. JCN also told me of his biggest mistake in ministry to date. He held a contest to pick a t-shirt for a ministry which was rigged online. When your biggest mistake in ministry is a t-shirt competition, you are a great minister.

After our glad reunion I met JTH at church before eating at Soccer Taco. It had been a long time since I had eaten there and the food was as good as I remembered though I do not eat near as much these days. Our waiter continually referred to us as “my friends”. I liked this though I was a little disappointed he did not say “mi amigos”.

No comments: