Wednesday, November 5, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 11/5/2008

Having already voted on October 25th, I spent most of Election Day working in one capacity or another.

I worked the morning shift (8:45 am- 12 pm) at the Hope Resource Center. It was a very uneventful workday which was fortunate as I had a great deal of reading to do for the following day’s class.

I did break on Tuesday night to dine with my parents, fittingly at Ruby Tuesday. We selected the restaurant because my mother had clipped a coupon from the newspaper. The $10 discount expired November 24th and she wished to use the coupon before that date. When we arrived, our waitress informed us that in the extremely fine print the coupon noted that it was designated only for the location on Western Avenue. As you can tell from this photo, DLNV was not a happy camper. Actually, her indignation in this photo is from my taking the shot, not from the especially limited offer. In fact, I am not sure which one she was more upset by.

As an aside, Ruby Tuesday calls their salad bar a “garden bar”. Just wanted to share.

No comments: