Friday, November 21, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 11/21/2008, Part 2

After a long day in court, I participated in a campfire at RAW’s home on Thursday night.

My night began at MoFoS where I ate takeout I had brought from Sbarro and briefly hung out with CTH and JTH. I also got to see KL and MPW, who were shopping at the store. In fact, they had to wait in line for quite some time while JTH processed my lengthy order despite the fact that I was eating (and as such not in a hurry) and they had only one item. That is the customer service that MoFoS is known for.

After a quick dinner, I met WAM, MP, KLTW, KJW, and RAW at the Waker residence where we used RAW's fire pit to make s’mores. For some reason, the smoke followed me wherever I went. Specifically, it went directly into my eyes. It was uncanny and I would have been more impressed if it was not so irritating. Does anyone have a scientific explanation?

KJW was asked if she would like s’mores and we were shocked when she declined. Then she was asked if she would like chocolate and she said, “yeah.” Then she was asked about marshmallows. She affirmed, “Marshmallows are good.” We were pleased that KJW likes s'mores even she doesn’t know what they were called.

Thankfully, KJW decided it was time to return inside before it got too late. I did not mind the cold weather. The smoke in my eyes, however, was not pleasant. We decided to watch Tropic Thunder on DVD, which I had picked up at the store earlier in the night. The film credits Ben Stiller six different times on its back cover. It made the group laugh at several points, and I would probably watch it again, but it was not one of my favorite films. There are a lot of un-advertised stars who appear in the film. I really enjoyed one in particular. I will not type more, lest you have not seen the film.

No comments: