Thursday, November 20, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 11/20/2008

Due to some creative scheduling, Wednesday marked the last session of my Adult Education class at UT. The class met an extra hour as part of that creative scheduling. It defies logic how long the extra hour seemed. The class ordered pizza from Papa John’s and settled in for a long night.

It is worth noting that I still have one final paper due in early December.

Both my professor RGB and CAD reported on the American Association for Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE) conference they had attended in Denver during the previous week. RGB provided some history on professional associations, detailing the NEADAE, AAAE (aka “Acubee, A3E), AEA of the USA (aka AEA/USA), the NASPAE (later the NAPCAE), and finally the AAACE. What I took from this is that adult educators really like acronyms.

Unfortunately, CAD could not report on the quantity or quality of single women at the conference. What was she doing there anyway?

As always, I walked my classmate JCP to her car. I have a theory: a rapist invented daylight savings time. I'll leave the research to someone else.

Why is that I can go all day with a modest amount of phone calls and then when I am in meetings, my phone blows up? I literally cannot count the number of calls I received during this class.

Finally, thanks to the Tennessee basketball team who provided lunch from Chick fil-A with their recent 90-point outings. I had never sampled a chicken sandwich and it was good. And it was free. That is a winning combination.

No comments: