Tuesday, November 18, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 11/18/2008

On Monday night my parents returned from Nashville where they attended the Tennessee School Board Association’s annual conference. There, my father’s company won the state’s award for the best elementary school design for Mayfield Elementary School in Cleveland, Tennessee. Would it be blasphemous were I to refer to this as a “triumphal entry”?

We ate at Calhoun’s. The restaurant’s parking lot tends to be inexplicably packed despite countless open tables. Are there that many people at the bar? I project that I will be providing one fewer vehicle in the parking lot soon. They keep eliminating my favorite dishes. Our server informed us that there are no longer Rocky Top (barbeque) potato skins available as of 1 ½ weeks ago. They have also discontinued the twice baked potatoes, another of my favorites. I am a low carb guy.

After supper, I spent the night hanging out with KLTW and RAW. I must note that I was drawn with bait and switch tactics. KJW was to be there but it was decided that since she was to be at her aunt’s house the next morning at 8 am, she would spend the night. As such, there are no KJW photos to post. I did have fun with my friends. We watched Monday Night Football and South Park’s spoof of High School Musical (“Elementary School Musical: Fourth Grade”) while talking.

Finally, I learned on Monday, that it is best not to wear a hoodie when getting allergy shots.