Friday, November 14, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 11/14/2008

I spent Thursday at two of my homes away from home.

On Thursday afternoon, I was back at church, this time for Bible Study. If the church does not pay me, I need to start paying them...for rent.

All members of my Bible Study brought their own lunch so I grabbed spaghetti from Sbarro on the way. I arrived early and was fortunate enough to find an empty space on MLM’s office floor for both myself and my food. All four seats were occupied. I felt truly blessed as on many days this would have been an impossibility.

Bible Study went well. Each week the study seems to digress into MLM thoughtfully listening while I present an apologetic on some aspect of the Christian life that has been attacked. MLM’s pensiveness is evidence that he is a wiser man than I.

I also got to see KTH who was supervising her class of preschoolers in the gymnasium. Her husband, “Homer”, is still suffering from an undiagnosed illness and doctors are at a loss for what to do. Please pray that this problem is properly diagnosed and that his pain can be reduced.

On Thursday night, I met JTH, ALK, and JBT at Applebees. Our waitress, AFH found the restaurant uncomfortably hot. The key to the heating and air system is possessed by only one person and that person is not AFH. In the summer, AFH remedied this problem by fashioning a paperclip to change the temperature. While this worked for awhile, eventually she jammed said paperclip too far into the unit and shut down the entire system temporarily. She decided it would be best just to bear the heat.

No comments: