Monday, November 10, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 11/10/2008, Part 2

My relaxing weekend continued on Sunday though I did go on an intense mission.

I spent the day with JTH and ALK. We did little productive unless you consider working puzzles and watching football productive. When ALK left to attend one of her handbell practices, JTH and I went on noble quest.

As I have mentioned before, I wished to sample Mallowmars cookies. They were often featured on Gilmore Girls and I have wanted to try one for some time. After all, that show has been off the air for two seasons. JTH and I used a list provided by the product’s web site of suppliers in my zip code and set off in search of Mallomars. We frequented the following three stores:


Despite our efforts, none of the stores carried Mallomars! (If any of you can blow up the above picture of the Wal-Mart aisle and prove me wrong, feel free.) This bag of Fudge Marshmallow Cookies found at Wal-Mart was the closest we could find. Does anyone know if they are a generic brand?

Most importantly, it would seem that one cannot trust everything she reads on the internet. Who knew?

The mission had to end for this night as we picked up food from McAlister’s Deli and met ALK back at my house. There JTH and ALK began wrapping my Christmas gifts. This is JTH’s present to me each year. We always watch movies while he wraps. (I stink at wrapping.) We introduced ALK to one of our guiltiest pleasures, 2000's Whatever It Takes.

We got most of the Walker family gifts wrapped on this night. (I have a tendency to go overboard on Christmas.) ALK is a great wrapper. The only problem is that the gifts will be challenging to open. This is critical when one of the recipients is a two-year old. This should make gift giving all the more fun.

I know what you are thinking. Who wraps JTH’s gifts? KLTW wraps them. Prior to meeting her, he did wrap his own presents.

I must also note that ALK brought cake from her church. I like Bart more every time I see her.

Finally, Sunday was SDSH’s birthday. Happy birthday, Steph!

No comments: