Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bible Trivia - 11/25/2008

Question: Which king’s life did God extend by 15 years?

Answer: Hezekiah. (II Kings 20:6)

Comments: King Hezekiah was the 13th king of Judah (II Kings 18-20; II Chronicles 29-32; Isaiah 36-39). During his reign, he became gravely ill and pleaded for his death to be averted. His prayer was answered and he lived fifteen years longer.

"I will add fifteen years to your life, and I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for My own sake and for My servant David's sake." (II Kings 20:6, NASB)

As a sign that Hezekiah's life would be prolonged, God famously had the sun's shadow move backward ten degrees on a sun dial. (II Kings 20:8-11)

Note: This image, "The Sign to Hezekiah", was created by Christopher B. Rode.

No comments: