Sunday, October 26, 2008

WAM Quote of the Day - 10/26/2008

This morning, WAM and I ate breakfast at Shoney’s at 11 am in celebration of his birthday. WAM was in rare form, even for him. My absolute favorite quote was a typical WAM non sequitur:

WAM: “Dress up as William Wallace.” [Note: Wallace (1272-1305) was the Scottish patriot featured in the 1995 film Braveheart.]

Chan: “For Halloween?”

WAM: “Sure...random thought...I don’t have the costume yet but I’m sure I could get it...”

Other highlights:

  • WAM exaggerated strict Baptist dogma characterizing “Pizza Hut and dancing, the evils of our time.”
  • Regarding the advantages of being imprisoned to being homeless he listed one of the benefits as “shooting hoops with the boys.” Hearing him say this was priceless. I wish I could have documented the entire diatribe on this topic.
  • On Barack Obama: “I don’t like his politics, his policies, his associations, or his ideas.” He said this shortly after I informed him that I voted for Obama! I love WAM!

I don’t know if WAM enjoyed his birthday meal, but I sure did.

No comments: