Thursday, October 30, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 10/30/2008

Though it was not technically a Sabbath day, Wednesday was a day of rest for me. I needed a day to recover from the Myrtle Beach trip.

I already had received an excused absence from my class at UT. We learned late the day before that CMU’s arraignment had been postponed again. It was rescheduled for November 20th. Though I really wish I had possessed this information before heading home, it did free up my Wednesday.

On Wednesday night, I ate with my parents at Calhoun’s before visiting NHH and JTH at MoFoS. This photo is of a filing cabinet drawer filled with MoFoS pens. JTH proudly displayed his handiwork as he had reorganized the store's filing cabinets. The OCD continues...

I picked up a copy of Anaconda 3: Offspring, released on DVD on October 21st. I was excited by this purchase. Though I have not seen either sequel and am generally not a fan of horror films, I am interested in is the film’s star - David Hasselhoff. The only thing better than Hasselhoff acting (save perhaps Shatner acting) is Hasselhoff acting alongside a massive snake.

Two things of note: The fourth installment of the series has already been filmed, also starring Hasselhoff. Secondly, if you visit Hasselhoff’s web site (provided by the above link), in addition to great Hasselhoff info, he also provides a social network. How will Facebookand MySpace compete with the Hoff?

After stopping by the store, I visited KJW and RAW. As is often the case, I was in KJW withdrawal after having been on a trip.

Both KJW and RAW are well. RAW recently learned that he will be transferred to the Best Buy in Turkey Creek. The store opens on November 4th with its grand opening on November 14th. A soft opening is customary as it serves as a trial run.

In other Best Buy news, the existing location is now opening a music section. (They are still located directly adjacent to a Guitar Center.) They plan on providing music lessons as well. To work in the new department, the store was going to require that one be proficient in at least two musical instruments. After polling the store, they found that this description fit only two employees one of whom was not interested as he would have to take a pay cut to take the position. If Best Buy can pull this new department off, I will be amazed.

KJW was a bit ornery as she continues to test her boundaries. She is at a stage where she feigns crying when she does not get her way. Fear not. This is not persuasive. As the night progressed, she became more tired and consequently sweeter. My favorite point came when she was at one end of the room and we were at the other. This distance spans ten feet. We asked her to join us on the couch. She responded, “The couch...It’s too far.”

Later in the night, KLTW returned from work and her daughter naturally gravitated towards her. KJW sat in a chair while her mother sat on the floor below her. KJW looked over her mother’s head and said, “I’m here.” (Note: She did not speak in a Poltergeist type of tone.) KLTW acknowledged her and jokingly asked to see her boogers. The child took this literally as two-year olds are prone to do and tried to blow her nose directly into her mommy’s face. Priceless!

No comments: