Thursday, September 25, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 9/25/2008

For the fourth consecutive day, I spent Wednesday in Knoxville’s downtown area.

MLM and I had two appointments at the Hope Resource Center, at 1:30 and 2 pm. For the second week in a row our second client failed to show up. It was just as well. We spent forty minutes with the first visitor. We both really enjoyed the young man and did not want the conversation to end. I cannot comment on specifics, but keep the young man in your prayers.

He became the umpteenth person to recommend The Shack to me. As much as I hate to give in, I may have to break down and read some contemporary fiction.

I spent Wednesday night back in class. RGB used our “smart classroom” to teach the class the history of the adult education movement, of which he is quite passionate. More importantly, I submitted my first paper since my return to school - my personal philosophy of adult education. While it will never be published, I was pleased with the final product. I just hope that he won't mind the plethora of Scripture citations...

No comments: