Thursday, September 18, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 9/18/2008

Wednesday was a beautiful day in Knoxville. I spent most of the day indoors keeping various appointments.

My morning was spent at Faculty Internal Medicine at Parkside Plaze in Turkey Creek. There I not only got a clean bill of health but got to catch up with my beloved doctor, JLP. Maybe I ought to call her "Luke". (See Colossians 4:14.)

My blood pressure was at a healthy level and I had blood taken for tests to determine my cholesterol levels. In exciting news (to me), I was given a referral to Robert Overholt (RMO). He is a local allergist / immunologist who has an office near my home (801 N Weisgarber Rd Ste 200). I will be tested for allergies and finally be given shots incrementally to reduce my allergies. I am truly excited at the prospects.

I may also participate in a new sleep study at the allergy center.

After my doctor’s appointment, I had two appointments scheduled at the campus branch of the Hope Resource Center at 1 pm and 2 pm. It went well, though our 2 o’clock client did not arrive. It was a good experience. I especially enjoyed hanging with MLM and his daughter, who works as a receptionist. She has been planning her wedding this week.

I also enjoyed “working with” a new receptionist, Andrea Hitefeld. The rest of the days events cannot be discussed due to matters of confidentiality. I could tell you, but they would have to sue me.

On Wednesday night, my Survey of Adult Education class convened as usual in the Humanities Building at UT. As part of our discussion, we completed the Philosophy of Adult Education Index (PAEI). It is an inventory developed by Lorraine M. Zinn that helps one determine her educational philosophy.

After taking our assessment, we watched the conclusion of “Adventures of a Radical Hillbilly”. If especially interested as to what this is, you can read my review from last week's class here. My classmate Dan Trentham (DRT)generously brought Smartfood Popcorn: White Cheddar Cheese Flavored for the class. It was quite good.

My evening concluded at IHOP with JTH and JBT. We had a good visit though I must admit that I was exhausted. At the suggestion of the waitress, I tried the Colorado Omelette. It was okay but I enjoyed the pancakes that came with it far more than the massive omelette itself.

No comments: