Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Church Sign - 9/30/2008, Part 1

Church: Northwest Baptist Church (2614 Merchants Dr; Knoxville, TN 37912)

Sign: “Fear hinders faith but trust kindles confidence”

Commentary: This quote was featured in February 25, 2006 edition of Our Daily Bread. The dangers of fear are legion. It is worth noting that the most often repeated command throughout the Scriptures is some variation of “be not afraid”. The reason for this command is that the the beliver has no need to fear.

The LORD is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the defense of my life;
Whom shall I dread? (Psalm 27:1, NASB)

Or as Yoda says in The Phantom Menace, “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

No comments: