Friday, August 8, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 8/8/2008

On Thursday morning, I voted in the general election at Rocky Hill Elementary School. In all my years voting, I have never voted with such ease. Unfortunately, this was not due to improvements in the voting process but rather because virtually no one was there. My mother and her friend JLW (Team JuDo, Judy and Dotty) were sitting outside campaigning for Ron Leadbetter.

Unfortunately, I had just missed my old friend RLT whose father was running for the office of sheriff. RLT is now an environmentalist and will soon be moving to Indiana where his wife will be attending Purdue University. I have a sneaky suspicion we both voted for the same candidate for sheriff.

Afterwards, I went to the church where we held the first of two weeks discussing the many philosophical and theological dimensions of The Dark Knight. I will post our results at the conclusion of this “series”. For now, I will simply say that we agreed that the film was exceptional but the film’s message was antithetical to the Christian message.

No comments: