Thursday, August 14, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 8/14/2008

Wednesday was a light day socially and a very heavy day otherwise. JTH and I ate lunch at Soccer Taco where the food was as good as usual and the music was especially cheesy. Though I rarely give professional updates (as I find them dull), I will do so in this post:

I have been in discussions all week with Ralph Brockett (RGB), head of the adult education department that I have applied to. For reasons unknown to me, my application has not been completely processed and I will be unable to enter the program until January 2009. I have been invited to the program’s orientation on Monday (August 18th) and to take two courses in the fall, EP 520 and 522. These are two "core" courses that would give me the opportunity to work with RGB and Mary Zeigler (MHZ), the duo that would be supervising my studies. I would receive credit for the courses and it would be as though I started in the fall though I cannot be technically accepted until January. While on the surface this sounds like wonderful news, at the rate I have been going I am cautiously optimistic. Only I would start a program and then find out I actually never got in. Keep this situation in your prayers.

My training at the Hope Resource Center persists at a snail’s pace but is going well. I have two sessions of shadowing MLM before going solo. The center I will be working at will now be managed by LEB as the former manager LPQ is leaving to start a new program in Lenoir City. I am very happy for all involved.

The Church at Sterchi Hills continued to send me paperwork as they seek to fulfill their pastorate. Their process makes the Hope Resource Center’s look expedient.

Perhaps the most immediate news from Wednesday was that I finally received a prescription for azithromycin, an antibiotic for my sinus infection. If you could not tell, my schedule has been greatly limited the past week. It has not completely alleviated my sinus infection but has greatly reduced the pain. In fact, I can now look down without fear that my face will fall off.

No comments: