Wednesday, July 30, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 7/30/2008

On Tuesday, I finally got to take KGG out for her 16th birthday, 18 days after the fact. As usual, we went out for a smoothie. That sentence took a couple of hours.

I picked KGG up at her house. I got to see her car - a black Nissan Xterra. She likes the interior of my newer model and the body of her older version. I would agree with her assessment. I allowed her the option of driving mine for the day but she declined.

We set out going west. Since we had not talked in awhile, we decided to find a smoothie proprietor in west Knoxville. We faced two road closings and I made one wrong turn and before I knew it we were in Lenoir City. We had fun talking and catching up and KGG got to see a lot of scenery that she does not ordinarily. We also learned that there do not appear to be any smoothie establishments in Farragut or Lenoir City. That just does not seem right. Naturally, we wound up at the Smoothie King nearest her house.

The main KGG news is that she has broken up with her most recent boyfriend, Jack. Her parents and older brother approve of this decision so I do as well. I was actually for the relationship for the same reasons initially so at least I am consistent. As always, KGG was the dumper and not the dumpee. She does not seem any the worse for wear over the event.

She was also able to acquire her license on the day she turned 16. Evidently, the DMV now requires an appointment to take the examination. I am glad they did not do that when I was getting my license. I would have had to buy an appointment book just for all the trips there.

No comments: