Friday, July 18, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 7/18/2008

I took advantage of KL being at a midnight showing of The Dark Knight in Nashville and spent Thursday night with her boyfriend MPW. It was completely platonic.

After MPW finished playing basketball at church, we ate at the food court in West Town Mall. It was a rare mall excursion for both of us. I ate at Sbarro while MPW ate at Petro’s (where I have never eaten). I am either really comfortable with MPW or have simply lost the will to live as I seldom eat spaghetti in public.

We discussed Jajuan Smith’s progress with the Dallas Mavericks team in the NBA’s Summer league. (He is averaging slightly less points than rival Shan Foster in half as many minutes.) MPW also challenged me to design my own Dodge Challenger. There is a contest on the manufacturer’s web site with one of the prizes being a new car. I am fairly certain that if I designed a car, even just the aesthetic aspects, that it would somehow malfunction and kill me.

After dinner, we hung out at MoFoS with JTH. This marked the fifth consecutive days JTH and I have seen each other and with plans for the next two days, there is no end in sight. I am not complaining.

In MoFoS news, the store has been given a facelift in only two days. Owner JBT’s arm, orginally thought to be broken, was actually only severely dislocated. You know you are having a bad week, when this is the best news of the week. Continue to keep him in your prayers.

I apologize for the lack of pictures, but I accidentally left the phone at home. It happens...

No comments: