Tuesday, July 1, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 7/1/2008

On Tuesday, I ate lunch with my mother. I brought food from Ham N Goodys. The news from the day was that many of the (not inexpensive) signs that she distributed on Friday for Ron Leadbetter’s campaign had been removed by his opponent Stacey Campfield. This juvenile behavior is why most wish Campfield be removed from office and why Leadbetter ran in the first place. I just hate that my parent’s efforts were tainted and that more importantly Campfield gives redheads a bad name.

On Monday night I headed to Bearden High School for the final game of the final Monday night of the Rocky Top Basketball League. Citing that the night’s game pitted the league’s three best teams vs. the three worst, my usual companion MPW opted not to attend. He also said he had other things to do. (Read: KL. Read: innocently.) MPW was correct. All three games went as predicted. My thoughts are posted under “A View from 315A”.

No comments: