Friday, July 11, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 7/11/2008

On Thursday, I got to go to Bible Study, see my friends, and give my mother a guilt trip. Need I say it was a good day?

My Thursday Bible Study met at 10 am. We discussed abortion, euthanasia, and debriefed on The Bucket List, which deals primarily with death. It was a lighthearted session.

Next week we will be attending a matinee of The Dark Knight next Friday with debriefing the following week. The latest’s edition of the Batman saga opens that day. If you would like to go with us, let me know.

After Bible Study, I went with SMA to the Smoky Mountain Brewery. We both tried sandwiches. I ordered the Meatball Grinder and SMA partook of the Chicken Reuben. Neither of us were overly impressed with our meals, but it appears the place specializes in pizzas. We plan on trying that next time.

The place does have an interesting atmosphere with the brewery engulfing the restaurant. I would like it noted that these people in this photo had a discussion of movies that annoyed SMA. It involved the guy detailing a movie plot and the woman responding with an exuberant “Wow!” He noted that Charlton Heston could not have explained a plot that would have justified that response.

The person who delivered our food was none other than LMC. She is the Ellen Page lookalike that SMA crushed on when she was a waitress at Connors Steak & Seafood. We are uncertain if she recognized me or not. She was very sweet as always.

Afterwards, we went to Target where SMA purchased at showerhead and I bought the second season of Psych. Yes, there are some DVDs that are so amazing that I actually purchase them new. Admittedly, there are not very many.

While there we also planned to buy General Mills cereal. They have a promotional offer that distributes miniature Batman figurines with the purchase of a box of cereal. Unfortunately, the only brand that had these specific toys was Cinnamon Toast Crunch which I had not eaten in years. It is not that bad. Darn effective marketing plans!

The day I do not buy cereal based upon the complimentary toy is the day I will officially be old. For the record, I got "The Joker Chop" figure.

I was to eat with my parents on Thursday night but they abandoned me when friends called to take them to a presentation of “My Fair Lady” at the Oak Ridge Playhouse. You have reached a sad state when your parents stand you up.

I would have loved to see my father’s reaction when my mother told him of these plans. He does not share my affinity for plays, especially an epic like “My Fair Lady.”

Instead, I brought JTH food from McDonald’s to MoFoS. When I take a friend out, it is first class all the way.

No comments: