Sunday, June 1, 2008

WAM Quote of the Day - 6/1/2008

WAM and I attended Sunday School and then shopped in Oak Ridge on Sunday. There were many candidates but the Quote of the Day came when Hammer’s “You Can’t Touch This” played on the radio. When discussing whether he is M.C. Hammer or simply Hammer, WAM analyzed:

“When you have to change your name to get attention it is proof that no one cares you exist.”

Honorable mention:

  • In more musical commentary, as Jonathan Richman’s song “I was Dancing in the Lesbian Bar” played in the background at Mr. K’s, WAM remarked: “This is an interesting song...I wonder how he got in.” If interested, the song is on Richman’s 1992 album “I, Jonathan”.
  • On the benefits Jesus incurred by recruiting Matthew to discipleship (Matthew 9:9): “That’s also a good way to get out of paying taxes...though I am sure that was not in his intent...it was the effect.” He then went onto discuss life’s two certainties: death and taxes and the theological implications that since Jesus beat death, he also beat taxes. Though I was fascinated by this brilliant interpretation, I have opted not to take this route in preaching.
  • After admitting that church league basketball is one of the most violent sports known to man, he did note “I haven’t seen anything quite as violent as that video you showed me.” The video in question is a YouTube video of my friend JS’s college playing days at McKendree University in Lebanon, IL. JS single handedly started a college rivalry with UIS on February 26, 2004. The video is accessible here. Note the smooth, yet totally vicious elbow at the 2:03 mark of the video. If you miss it, it is repeated several times in slow motion. We were all so proud.
  • In response to WRK’s imminent return from her trip to Greece and Italy: “Do they have topless beaches in Italy?” I had almost forgotten that she had been on a topless beach on trip to France. Thanks for the reminder, WAM. So, WRK, are there topless beaches in Italy?

Note: I promise that I take a new photo of WAM for each feature. They all just look the same...

No comments: