Wednesday, June 4, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 6/4/2008

Tuesday was a day of momentous milestones. JTH returned to MoFoS and KLTW administered her first BE.

JTH had previously retired from this job (one of many for him) on April 12th, but is now back in the fold. He did work a shift training CDM in the interim but since she did not work out (read: understatement) he did not accept payment.

In positive CDM news, her daughter KM accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior on Monday (June 2nd). She was swinging on our church’s playground (she is in the summer program) and talked to Him. As much as I disapproved of CDM dating JTH, I liked her daughter. This is great news.

Lowell Cunningham (LC) made his customary MoFoS visit before I got there. He and JTH have developed a special (heterosexual) rapport. JTH learned that his feature article in the Knoxville News-Sentinel that has been referenced no less than three times in this blog was penned by one of his college friends. The dog (“Frank”) that is in the picture with him is the canine from the Men in Black movie. He told the paper to clearly indicate that the dog was not his. They did not. So there is the inside scoop. (Note: This picture is from the paper’s web site and not the previous one I scanned from my copy.)

LC likes JTH so much that he gave him some gum he acquired in Japan. JTH says it is good, but very strong. He has saved a piece for me which will serve as MoFoS memorabilia.

While I missed LC’s daily visit, I arrived just in time for special movie ticket taker Mark’s appearance. As usual, Mark spent a good deal of time around the counter. It felt good to be home. I really do think my stealth photography skills are improving...

I then went to see KLTW, KJW, and RAW. KLTW cooked us breakfast for supper. We had turkey bacon, scrambled eggs (mixed with cheese), grits, and Martha White cranberry orange muffins. The muffins are stellar. Note: This photo represents the food all four of us ate, not just my portion.

KJW’s grandfather has taught her to answer the question, “Who is your best friend?” with “Jesus.” She may not know who He is yet, but He knows her. Ordinarily, I would be jealous but I admit I lost out to the better man on this one. KJW has also learned to say “Amen” at the end of prayers.

KJW ate chocolate pudding to tide her over until her Uncle Chan arrived. This presented the (hopefully) rare opportunity to see what she would look like with a fu-manchu. I confess that this image was partially my fault. I threatened her with the patented Von Erich Iron Claw and she naturally screamed, “No, Chan!” Unfortunately, her mouth was full at the time and pudding dripped everywhere. I especially like this photo as it looks like she is giving me the thumbs up go ahead.

As noted in the opening paragraph, KLTW administered her first Barium Enema (BE) at Morristown-Hamblen Hospital hospital on Tuesday. Remember this is the procedure that finally won the heart of Kelly Kapowski for Zack Morris on “Saved By The Bell: The College Years” Actually, probably not as I may have been the only regular viewer of that program.

In other Tuesday “news”, I heard an ad on the radio. Evidently we have a lipo "doctor" in Knoxville named Dan Halen at HRC Medical Center. This cannot be his real name. Can it?

No comments: