Wednesday, June 11, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 6/11/2008

Tuesday went like the wind, but not without me getting to see some of my friends. (Read: Lynyrd Skynyrd reference.)

I ate lunch at Soccer Taco with SMA and WRK. We experienced perhaps the worst service I have ever had in my life, or at least since a 2001 trip to Charleston. Admittedly, the place was crowded and there was a soccer game ongoing at the time (Spain pounded Russia 4-1 in the opening game of the Euro 2008 championships), but no one sat me for ten minutes and it took approximately forty-five minutes to get our food. If nothing else, it piqued by appetite. We have a theory. There were three Caucasians working as servers. There should be a cap on how many white people can work at a Mexican restaurant and Soccer Taco has exceeded their limit.

I am not certain if it was to make up for the woefully inept service or not, but our waiter left a plate full of guacamole on our table. Not a ramekin, not a dish, but an entire plate! We did not ask for it. Maybe we looked like people who really liked guacamole. I do not know what that says about us. Sadly, we ate very little of it.

WRK celebrated her 22nd birthday on Friday at the Buttercup Restaurant & Tea Room in Lenoir City. A discussion of tearooms ensued and she was adamant that the Apple Cake Tearoom is not in fact an actual a tearoom. WRK really takes her tearooms seriously and I would advise that if the subject is broached with her, tread softly unless you are a tearoom expert. Thankfully, I am not.

SMA had spent the previous day playing “best ball” golf teaming with RLN against BR in what amounts to a handicap match. They lost by a stroke. Big money was at stake as had BR lost he would have owed the duo $10. Not apiece, but collectively. Their news was that their friend “Skohl” won $68,000 for placing fifth at a circuit event of the Word Series of Poker. They once visited him in Ohio where they all attended a Maroon 5 concert. Seriously.

After lunch, I rushed to Farragut to meet, KLTW. She was in need of a chauffeur as their Lincoln LS was in the shop again. So we drove to Seymour, Tennessee, to procure KJW who spent the day with her Nana. Nana had fixed her hair and she was especially cute on this day.

We stayed and visited with Nana and played with KJW for some time. I reached a new milestone on this day as I eclipsed the 1500 mark in KJW photos taken by my camera phone. I have taken more photos in her two years of life than the rest of my life combined.

We then hit the road back to Farragut. KJW had not taken a nap all day but she managed to sleep in the car on the way home. We now have this extra car seat as Nana bought a new one and supplied us with her old one. This way we do not need to continually move the bulky car seat out of the LS. If you have a baby and the financial means to do so, I highly recommend purchasing an extra car seat.

No comments: