Tuesday, June 10, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 6/10/2008

As the heat continued in Knoxville on Monday, our summer Bible Study began its summer movie tour at Regal Downtown West where we screened Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. I always feel good when I support Knoxville’s “art house” theater. Unfortunately our group of four (WAM, MLM, CMU, and myself) constituted half of the movie’s audience.

The film is a docudrama tracing Ben Stein’s quest to discover whether or not those who believe in Intelligent Design (ID) are victims of discrimination in academia. I will post a review and our group’s findings after we reconvene on Friday, June 20th. Our schedule will follow the watch one week and review the next pattern throughout the summer. We will try to meet on Thursdays but with it being summer, the schedule will be flexible.

While at the theater, I received my Regal Crown Club card, which many of you already own. One accumulates points and on certain days receives special discounts at the theater. It is free, so there was no risk with it.

I also learned that I will be participating in the "Summer Breeze" Bible Study this summer. If you would like a list of readings for devotion, contact me.