Friday, May 30, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 5/30/2008

I had a pleasant Thursday but it started a bit unusually.

I had a very rude awakening. I walked into my office in my usual early morning attire - boxer shorts and my blanket draped around my shoulders. I like to think of it as my professional wrestling ensemble. I walked in and who should be there but my mother and SPP! They were working on invitations to a bridal shower and needed my computer as DLNV’s could not perform the task. DNV and computers team together about as effectively as oil and water.

After quickly dressing, I assisted on the project. I must say that D-Day involved less planning than these invitations. When I tell you that every available font was tested, I mean it. Though I had no photo of me in my wrestling ensemble, I did get a shot of the crack team.

DLNV more than made up for this incident later in the day. She called and informed me that my new Bible was ready at the Cedar Springs Christian Store. I had no idea my parents had ordered one. I tend to use my father’s black leather Bible at formal functions like weddings and funerals and they decided it was time I had my own. So they got me The NASB Minister’s Bible from Hendrickson Publishers. It even has my name on it. Thanks! (Note: The photo is of its box. The Bible itself is leather.)

Since I was near his house, I stopped by and saw SMA. The night before, he had created DBN on the Fire Pro Wrestling game under the name "Mighty Buzz Lemon" and that was clearly something I needed to see. His father JBN is also in the game as “The Meat Doctor.” This came from the realization that he had a doctorate and in some way he works with meat. We are also hoping JBN will act as Verne Lundquist in a sketch we have written regarding Verne's passion for Tim Tebow. Is it even possible to reference Lundquist without also including Tebow?

It is worth noting that we have yet to inform JBN of his involvement in either project.

SMA recently attempted to create a MySpace page for me where he would house the data for SAWW. Fortunately, MySpace would not let him. As many of you know, I do not have a MySpace account because I could not in good conscious advise a teenager to have one. So, if you see a MySpace account under my name, it is not me. I did feel like a celebrity having someone trying to create a fake account in my name though.

In other Thursday news, I left feedback on eBay for the first time since they have prohibited negative feedback. I had no cause to leave any but not having the option seems to be a terrible idea. As of May 19, eBay eliminated negative feedback. They announced in January that the change came after noticing an increase in the rate at which sellers left retaliatory negative feedback about buyers over the past four years. That would seem to mean that the negative feedback is necessary. There also now seems to be no quality control. Did I mention this is a terrible idea?

On the plus side, repeat feedback is now credited to one's rating so my rating spiked over night.

No comments: