Wednesday, May 21, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 5/21/2008

I had a very productive Tuesday but Sunday is approaching faster than I would want. It always does.

In the afternoon, I dropped by the church and saw JTH, MLM, JBT & GAB (who were playing basketball), and PRI & JMM. I mention this to let you know that I will indeed be giving a mission report on Wednesday night at 6 pm. My dear friend TAM, who participated in a trip prior to the one I was on, has editedt two hours of video into a fifteen minute presentation. If you are bored stop by the Fellowship Hall.

In remarkable news, I heard form my crew chief Kevin Welker (KEW) and he reported that the house we working on in Pass Christian, Mississippi, was completed on May 14, ahead of schedule. Praise God!

On Tuesday night, I ate at Silver Spoon with my parents. In big news, Ed, a prominent waiter, has decided to attend graduate school in music at UNC-Greensboro. If you have eaten at the restaurant in the last several years, you will know Ed as the opera singer who serenades his tables with arias. (I use that word to demonstrate that I have done a crossword puzzle in my day.) He has an apartment waiting wth only wisdom teeth standing between he and the next step in his education. We wish him the best of luck.

I then joined RAW and KJW at his house. RAW had just returned from playing basketball at the YMCA. His star teammate and former Vol basketball player Rashard Lee (RDL) is back from playing overseas for Geneve (Switzerland). He makes more money there than here and gets paid for playing basketball so he hopes to be back next season. I just hope it does not conflict with our rec league schedule like last year.

We watched the Celtics beat the Pistons 88-79 in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals with KJW. The Celtics won at home as they have in all nine home playoff game thus far. KJW actually asked to sit with us and watch the game. I was so proud. (Note: RAW dressed her in mismatched pajamas because we could not find a matching set. )

We also fed KJW a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She did well for most of the night, but having not napped, she did become upset for no apparent reason. It may just be that she was being a woman...

On Tuesday, Jimmy Stewart would have celebrated his 100th birthday. TCM did a tribute showing his movies all day. I just felt it appropriate to honor this icon. I am a fan.

Finally, our wallpapering saga looks to be coming to an end. We have been assured that only one day remains. I actually do believe this as all of the wallpaper has been hung and only the mirrors and toilets need to be reinstalled. It looks good. Frankly, it ought to be...

No comments: