Friday, May 16, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 5/16/2008

I spent my 2nd day of imprisonment with the wallpaper man. Actually, that is not true. I did not allow myself to be trapped. I went to Bible Study and arrived to find the wallpaperer (is that a word?) in the house. I have no idea how he got in. (Come to think of it, that is rather disturbing.) I assumed that since he had spent several hours unsupervised and the house remained intact, I would leave him be. He made a great deal of progress as both rooms were completely stripped. I will keep you updated on this riveting story.

The Bible Study went well and I also delivered all of my recommendation forms for my PhD program. Only one actually works at the church (MLM) but HTB and TAM had me drop the paperwork off there. It was convenient. Be praying, as not getting participation from my seminary professors is somewhat irregular. Pray for all things involved too.

My Bible Study actually met at the same time in consecutive weeks as MLM, CMU and I gathered at 10 am. We met in the same building, but not the same room as we returned to the BS (Bible Study) Arena (aka the Bride's Room). We do not want to get carried away with consistency.

I tentatively agreed to report on my mission trip at Central Baptist Church of Bearden at the Wednesyday night service on May 21st. The only potential deal breaker is rather petty but probable. Life would be easier if the entire church just read my blog. (I thought I would include another photo of nondescript empty white room.)

At Bible Study, I learned that one of DLM's (MLM's wife) student at Sequoyah Elementary School hung himself at age 11. This was highly disturbing and hit close to home at it was the school my mother taught at. I do not know if I have ever heard of a suicide of one so young. Keep the young man’s family and all affected in your prayers. Here is the obituary that appeared in the Knoxville News-Sentinel.

WADSWORTH, NICK - age 11, of Knoxville, went to be with the Lord Thursday, May 8, 2008. He was a student of Sequoyah Elementary School. Survived by mother, Ms. Gina Gose; father and step-mother, George & Jacqui Wadsworth; brother, Tyler Wadsworth; step-brothers, Nathan and Jake Alexander; step-sister, Grace Alexander; grandparents, Sandra Gose, Gene Gose, Bill & Jean Wadsworth; step-grandparents, Dwain & Margaret Kitchel; greatgrandparents, Jesse Gose, Agnes Mikels, Callie Cockman, Rebecca Crawford; aunts and uncles, Melinda & Keith Spears, Jeannine & Bill Burkhart, Terry & Michael Flanery, Elizabeth & Todd Ethridge; several cousins. Nick was a shining light, full of life, who will be missed and remembered by all who knew him. Family will receive friends Monday from 6PM until 8PM in the chapel of Berry Funeral Home with funeral services to follow at 8PM, Rev. Mike Mikels officiating. Family and friends will meet at Highland South Cemetery at 2PM Tuesday for interment services. Arrangements by Berry Funeral Home, Chapman Hwy.
www. berryfuneralhome.com

Thursday also marked my seminary buddy MDC's birthday. Happy birthday. As always, you were in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: