Friday, April 4, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 4/4/2008

After seemingly an eternity (i.e. a day and a half) as a sunbaked recluse, I ventured out last night. Naturally, I spent the evening with KJW. JTH, KLTW, and RAW were also there.

I brought KJW a Liqua Toons SpongeBob SquarePants. Ordinarily, I give her selections from a stash I keep in the guest bedroom but it seems she discovered the bag earlier this week while her mother was cleaning. There would be no taking the items back from her. I am fine with this as she was excited and I was low on supplies anyway. Besides, what were the odds of KLTW cleaning the guest room?

I learned that I have risen in status. Earlier in the day while KJW was pretending to have a dinner party, my name was referenced. Cameo appearances at pretend dinner parties are usually reserved for her uncle, so I felt privileged.

At my suggestion we ate at the nearby Gondolier Italian Restaurant. We received some of the worst service ever. We sat minutes without being acknowledged despite the building being virtually empty and every employee on duty walking past us at least once. I literally had KJW yell, “Help!” repeatedly as loud as she could to no avail. (She did, however, enjoy it.) Finally, someone noticed us, but two waiters actually argued over whose responsibility we were - in front of us!

I soon learned that for the second time this week, a restaurant ran out of honey mustard. This should never happen! I was actually more upset about that than I was the atrocious service. I settled for Ravioli. In lieu of a salad, they actually allowed me to substitute a plate of spaghetti that was more than big enough to serve as a meal.

KJW’s pizza arrived at about the moment we had finished our meal. She had enjoyed snacking on bread sticks and especially the rare Coke, so she only ate one piece. We did take it home for her daddy.

Who was the moron who picked this restaurant? I still recommend the franchise, just not this particular location.

We then returned to RAW’s house where we contemplated playing cards. Instead, KLTW and JTH talked in his car for a ridiculously long period and RAW and I watched an episode of SpongeBob SquarePants with KJW. I swear that show is always on.

When the epic conversation ended with RAW flashing the porch lights, KLTW made Jumbo Cones from Food Club. KJW loved hers but was greatly agitated when she was told there was no more when the box of Jumbo Cones was visibly on the table.

In other news of my moronic behavior, my Literature Ministry prank was discovered as I forgot to properly lock the storage unit. LKS discovered my indiscretion and contacted LAC. MLM covered for us by noting that “little elves” did the work. I am glad MLM did not rat us out, but I am not sure how I feel about being ina abnd of “little elves.”

No comments: