Friday, March 21, 2008

Bible Trivia - 3/21/2008

Question: Which book contains the assurance that God will not allow a Christian to be tempted beyond what he can endure, without also providing a way out for him?

Answer: I Corinthians (10:13).

Comments: One of the great promises of the Bible is that God will not let anything come at us that we cannot handle, in one way or another.

No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it. (I Corinthians 10:13, NASB)

Regarding this verse, Mother Teresa of Calcutta (1910-1997) said, “I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much.”

No comments: